View Single Post

Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Gold member
Default Re: New Elks Lodge ?????

I am an Elk from Anderson In. I just received a mailer from the Lady Lake Elks Lodge # 2793. Information from the mailer:

Lady lake Elks Lodge was chartered in 1996. They have purchased and paid for a 4.4 acre property which is located South of Water Oaks Community and East of Cart World. (near 27/441 and 466) They have cleared and prepared the property for construction and have purchased a steel 100X60 steel frame building and are ready to apply for the building permint.

They currently have 200 members and state that there are 1,100 Elk members who live in The Villages and are members elsewhere. Their goal is to have 400 Elk members to transfer their membership to the Lady Lake Lodge.

As the mailer stated that people who live in The Villages have a vast amount of recreation, service and entertainment opportunities at our disposal and do not need another place to go eat, dance, or party. They also stated that many who have enjoyed being an Elk and participate in this organization in our area as Elks are foremost, a charitable organization and we all know the great feeling when we help the community. They feel that it is possible that The Villages area can come up with a very special type of lodge that will interest all those members that have found pleasure in holding membership in the Elks.

I think I will transfer.

The flyer states that office hours are 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and the phone # is 352-728-5799
Perhaps they will mail you a flyer.