View Single Post

Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Your opinion..Do we need our own Villages Post Office

I have never understood the "deal" cut by the developer and the postal service regarding our mail. We are entitled to delivery to our home and I resent having to drive down two streets to pick up my mail. I resent that I am told to pick my mail up more often as I am overloading the box. We are ENTITLED to appropriate mail service and just because the villages is densely populated doesn't mean the post office shouldn't deliver our mail. I lived in a large community in Central Virginia with thousands of residences and the mail was delivered by carrier to our homes.

Where have you heard of paying in your closing costs for a mail box key??? Well, just in case you didn't know it, you did it here.

Mail is a BIG issue to me. We have some folks who have difficulty getting to the mail boxes and they are entitled to have their mail delivered to their home just like every citizen. Even when I lived on a rural route, regardless of weather, etc. my mail was delivered to my home.

The service here stinks and I drive to the post office on 301 to send things off in the mail.