View Single Post

Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Default Re: Purchase of a new home

Everyone keeps saying "What with the market the way it is" well in TV it aint so. This allows the developer to continue to say this is the way it is, and you will provide the funds ie: 20% in 7 days. Just by reading this forum you will get a small sampling of the many who want to buy in The Villages. So in the end you do your homework, suck it up, sell your home first, and follow that dream. We be Village People. And Proud to say so. Now if you do not want to pay the 20% down there are preowned homes with more traditional contracts and arrangements. Go for it. If you think that buying somewhere else with more traditional purchase agreements is for you Go for it.. Buuuuut, if you visit The Villages just once you will realize that if you want to be here, and you will, then you gotta go with their program, which is not bad. Its called commitment. Are you committed? I did not like paying the 20% anymore than anyone else, but it was necessary to accomplish my families goals. I would have rather kept my money in my account making me money, but I was committed, just as thousands of others. Darbyduff just went through it, as others will in the coming weeks. Yes emergencies do happen and the by product is you have preowned homes on the market that "are barely lived in" and "have never been lived in" thus the owners must sell them. That is a sad part of life.