View Single Post

Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Purchase of a new home

I think for us who want to buy in TV; coming up with a 20% down payment within seven days is tough unless you go into savings; investments; bridge loans, etc and these are all extra steps.

When I put my home up for sale (soon), the proceeds from this home will go towards a TV home. It takes 60-90 days to pass here. What this means for me is I have to find someplace to live because I won't have the money until I pass papers on my present home. This incurs more expense for us and it's very inconvenient especially when you have pets and furniture to move. I have to rent someplace and store furniture.

I'm amazed that so many people who have purchased new homes in TV were able to come up with thousands and thousands of dollars for a down payment in 7 days. Did everyone just have $40K plus money hanging around and few had to wait until they received the proceeds from their home?

It's not confusing to me, I understand totally what is required but it amazes me that folks were able to do this independently and not wait for the proceeds to the home they sold!