View Single Post

Old 09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Patio villa and low maintenance yard

Perhaps a small clarification of how things worked for me will tell you how it seems to work!
When I finally decided on a landscaper to improve what came with the house, a sketch was drawn up and I provided a copy of the original plat showing house on the land. The landscaper modified and added planting beds (larger space in front yard, additional bushes/trees there; new plantings "in back" with suitable edging, rock mulch, etc.; added a good-sized tree, edged and mulched . . .). Landscaper did all the work with The Committee, which was helpful.
That's over two years ago. Since then, I've replaced many of the smaller plants and bushes, BUT haven't made any further changes to the edging or size/placement of beds. Nor have I gone to the powers that be for approval! I don't believe any of my neighbors have, either!
And, my understanding is that The Committee is pretty understanding, but is on the look out for flagrat violations of covenants, restrictions and "good taste!" In other words, no pink windmills with wooden figures, and no pink flamingoes, either!!!!!