View Single Post

Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Default Re: checking out villages

I would suggest driving into some of the neighborhoods. The first time we went down, we came with another couple, and we were just enjoying the lifestyle - golfing, eating out, swimming, dancing, going on a trolley ride, etc. We did go to some open houses and met with our realtor. We decided at the end of our trip that we wanted to move there, so we came back a couple months later. That time, we really drove in and out of the neighborhoods and of course, met with our realtor, again. It gave us a better idea of which area we really liked. You don't know that if you just stay on the main roads. That was June. Both times we came down on the Lifestyle Plan. The first time we stayed a week and the second time we stayed 5 days. We're closing on our house on Monday and will move down around March. Now we're looking for a home at the Villages. If you had told me in last April that I'd be moving to The Villages, I wouldn't have believed you. I just thought I was coming for a vacation with friends. But, we really loved it! Enjoy your visit!