Old 04-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
And, then there's this from the Tampa (Florida) Tribune:

PASCO TRIBUNE

Turning The Scales On Intruder GEOFF FOX, The Tampa Tribune Staff
Published: May 26, 2007

WESLEY CHAPEL - An alligator that got itself caught between two houses in the Meadow Pointe community Thursday evening had been trapped, killed and ready to be made into 'alligator nuggets' by Friday morning, a local trapper said.

Mickey Fagan of M and D Gator Products of Dade City said he caught the gator - which tried to climb the side of a house in the Morningside neighborhood - between 7 and 7:30 p.m.

'We just put a rope on him and pulled him out,' Fagan said, adding that neighbors seemed 'glad to see someone who knew what they were doing.

'If you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing it can take three hours and they tear up all the flowers,' he said. 'We do everything as humane as we can.'

Pasco County sheriff's Deputy Todd Koenig said he was called to Morningmist Drive about 6:15 p.m. Thursday. Using a metal baton that he tapped on the ground, Koenig tried to get the alligator to head toward a nearby pond.

Instead, the gator crawled back and forth between two houses, occasionally trying to climb the side of one.

Homeowner Rick Skinner, whose fence the gator tried to scale, said he hoped the gator could be lured to water, but it was not to be.

As Fagan put it Friday: 'He gets made into alligator nuggets.'

'I sell the meat and hides,' he said. 'I sell all over the world, Canada, Hong Kong, all over the United States. We process 2,000 to 2,500 gators per year. There's only a select few slaughterhouses in the state. I have about nine different trappers who bring me their gators.'

FOR HELP

If you have questions or concerns about alligators in your area, call the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission's alligator hot line at 1-866-392-4286.

Turning The Scales On Intruder

(I suspect the photo below was photoshopped after the fact to illustrate the story.)

100 percent fake stories and pictures.