Thread: Garage floors
View Single Post

Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Garage floors

If you find someone in the neighborhood that has a driveway you like, stop and ask them for the name AND if they would recommend them. The guy that did mine gave me a "special deal" since we were new in the neighborhood. In fact we were one of the few since it was a new neighborhood. I gave him half down (yes - a no-no but I was new at this). It took several phone calls to get him to show up. Excuses were wind, rain, etc. But I got it done. When I pay for a job I watch so I followed him around and had him come back to remove some flecks of paint from the vinyl siding. That took two calls. I was lucky. Some of the others that had him were not very happy.

But I digress.

As Handiman said run it by the architectural review. My understandings is that Villas cannot get their driveways painted because they are connected. But you said garage. So I assume garage only.

If you are going for the whole nine yards - garage, walkway, driveway, lanai, make sure they come back and put a sealer coat after they are done. The sealer coat keeps the luster so that the paint job does not fade.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.