View Single Post

Old 09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Renting vs Buying

I just read the thread Higher Priced Homes.

It has me thinking because moving to TV is going to be quite a change for us. Downsizing doesn't bother me because our home now is 4,000 sq feet and I'm ready for a simpler life. We have visited TV 3 times (our third time will be this November). And of course, we got caught up in the wonderful life style.

Our home will go on the market in January and then the plan is to buy a designer home in TV.

BUT, now I'm wondering if we're making a mistake not renting first. For me renting becomes too complicated. I have cats; we'll need to store our belongings, and it just seems like a wasted first step to take. BUT, now that I've read the tread on Higher Priced Homes, I'm wondering if I can adjust to TV lifestyle; I'm wondering if downsizing will be that easy even though I say I want it; I'm wondering if leaving the family and grandkids will be too much; and I'm wondering if visiting is much different than living there!

I'm wondering........

How many have visited and bought without renting and have never regretted their decision. And how many didn't rent and regretted buying without renting first????