View Single Post

Old 09-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary S
Default Re: Embarq Hi Speed Internet

We share time between our house in Altamonte Springs (near Orlando) where we have the basic (lowest cost)Embarq DSL service and our house in The Villages where we have the basic (lowest cost) Comcast service.

Both houses have newer computers and we use the Internet quite a bit. Mostly email and TOTV and a lot of Yahoo games for my wife. I would not consider us heavy download users, but we do notice the difference in speed.

If we are downloading lots of pictures, Comcast is faster than Embarq. It takes about 3 or 4 seconds with Comcast and maybe 6 or 7 seconds with Embarq. Same sites.

We can live with the differences in speed between the two. $49 a month for Comcast. $16 a month for Embarq.

We got a special from Embarq. I belive the current special is $50 a month for DSL and Local phone service.

If you are just a normal user and not download a lot of things from the web, you will hardly notice the difference except at the end of the month when you pay the bill.

I plan to convert The Villages house from Comcast Internet to Embarq and save about $25 a month.

Service reliability has been excellent with both providers.

Hope this helps.

Gary S