Thread: BEST CRUISES
View Single Post

Old 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Gold member
Default Re: BEST CRUISES

Best Cruises - this is a good question and there is no one correct answer. I will be as brief as I can be in response to this question.

The best cruise for someone is dependent on what they want from the cruise and what they want to experience. They need to decide if they want: to cruise on a small, mid-size or large ship, educational programs, entertainment, library, activities, amenities, traditional dining vs Anytime Dining, gym, spa service, and the list could go on. Once you know some or all of the answers to the above it will help you decide which cruise line you want to sail on.

One cruise line, Cunard, is different in many aspects than other cruise lines. The dining room you are assigned to and the areas that are open to you are dependent on the type of cabin you are in. You can not dine in a dining room that you are not assigned to unless you are going from a dining room where passengers paid more for there cabins to one where passengers paid less. This also holds true for which public areas are open to you.

I also would like to mention that the Cunard line is the only line where there is a planetarium on board, a library of nearly 8,000 books and formal Afternoon Tea. They also have more formal nights than most other cruise lines for the same period of sailing. If you do decide to sail with them it is best to take a transatlantic crossing going from London to NY as there are 25 hours in the day due to the different time zone changes.

There are also lines where the fares are higher than the main stream cruise lines - those are on smaller more intimate lines, and at times more and a deeper level of educational opportunities.

Fund Raisers - if you and a group of your friends and/or family are going on a cruise you can turn it into a Fund Raising Cruise for your favorite cause or charity. It is fairly simple to do and there is no extra cost to the group. I am doing a Fund Raising cruise for the Alumni board that I serve on. For every cabin that we book the Scholarship Fund will receive $50.00. Remember this is at NO additional cost to the passenger. It is a win win situation as I see it and so does the group who are going.

Persons who experience ambulatory, visual, auditory, physical, on dialysis, or need oxygen, etc should not feel they can not go on a cruise or a tour. There are many opportunities and companies than can provide the services that you need. I am a member of various Professional Travel Organization - there is one organization called - SATH - where you can locate answers to your questions if you have any. If you would like you can email me.

I just realized how long this response is - so I better end here.

What ever you do and where ever you travel - have a wonderful time.

HB