View Single Post

Old 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I respectfully disagree with your last statement, Bonanza

I am not a realtor, never have been a realtor never sold houses anywhere, but many local realtors are understandably very annoyed that The Villages won't allow them to sell the new homes.

BUT....More homes are sold by The Villages system than all other agencies combined.

Most homes now are found on the internet by individuals looking for a home..

If the home is not sold here quickly than it is over priced.

If I were selling my home here I would put it on this forum and close using McLin Burnsed. Cost two years ago for their services was $750. McLin Burnsed probably handle more closings than any other individual law firm in this country.

Three or four years ago when all home sales were in a slump, The Villages sold ????? percent of all homes in the country. (someone help me remember the percentage)

I am not putting down realtors Bonanza. I just feel they really aren't as necessary here in The Villages as they are in other places. Plus a few of them are nastily anti developer. AND of course I am very pro developer.
Gracie -- I'm not sure what I said that you disagree with???

Some of my comments were geared towards real estate throughout the country, such as what I said about the MLS and sale signs. Obviously, this does not pertain to TV. There is no other place like TV anywhere in the country, that can compare to the volume of homes, the sales results -- even when we were in the slump of a down market.

What is upsetting to Realtors is the Villages sales division's refusal to cooperate with brokers. Yes, of course Villages can sell their own product and not pay another broker to bring in a customer. However, it does take away the free enterprise but mostly cooperation part of the real estate system. It is very upsetting to Realtors who pay $1,000 annually or more, for dues to their local board, in addition to dues for the MLS system, dues to the National Assn. of Realtors, etc., etc., etc. (there are other "etc." fees). It is not inexpensive to be a Realtor (as opposed to a Villages sales agent who pays almost nothing in comparison.

I have never known a Realtor to be "anti-developer." The majority of developers are thrilled to have an agent sell their properties and do cooperate with brokers. A sale with a developer is a pleasant sale for a Realtor and they love them.

Yes, it is very easy for an individual to list their own home via TOTV or a classified ad. It is also easy to be a FSBO (For Sale By Owner) in the Villages, and have the entire transaction handled by an attorney or title company.

And yes, more homes are sold through Villages agents. But pure and simple -- the reason for that IS because they do not and will not cooperate with outside brokers. So yes -- if they cooperated with brokers you would see a flood of outside real estate companies coming in to do business here. and a reduction of Villages only properties as listings and sales.

By the way -- most people do not realize that the world 'Realtor' is always capitalized because it is the registered trademark of the National Association of Realtors.