Thread: JUST FISHING
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: JUST FISHING

Notice we've got a few fisherman here so I'll give you an update albeit not in TV's. Will do this when we get there too.

Every Tuesday night there's some local bass fisherman that throw $20 in a pot and try to bring in the largest 6 bass limit. All bass are weighed and released ALIVE to catch another day.

Date: 9/22/07
Location: Ohio River, Markland Pool, Warsaw KY 1/2 way between Cincinnati and Louisville
Time: 5:30 PM to 8:15 PM
15 boats
33 bass caught
1st place 5 bass @ 8.12 pounds
2 place @ 5 bass @ 8.4 pounds
Big Bass 3.8 pounds 7" Berkley Gulp Turtleback Worm Junebug Color

Things are looking up finally. 2 weeks ago I tied with an angler for first place. Nobody tied all year except now. Figures! Only had 3 that weighed 4.12 pounds. Gives you an idea of how bass fishing is on the Ohio River. Every week there's a Big Bass pot that accumulates if not hit. To qualify a single bass must weigh over 4 pounds. The Big Bass pot to date is over $600. Next Tuesday, being the last event of the year, anyone bringing in the largest bass regardless will win the Big Bass pot. You'd think we're fishing for a million bucks. Lotta fun and bragging rights. And wouldn't you know it I had the largest bass this week going 3.8 pounds that got me 2nd place with a total weight of 8.4 pounds. Maybe I'll shine a little brighter next week.

Stay Tuned

Steve