View Single Post

Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to Culvers2Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
I have to say this in all do respect. I in my entire life have never, ever, have seen so many places of Worship in such a small area. Which makes me think of one Big thing $$$$$$$.

There is a wanna be so called wanna be off shoot, Catholic Priest in Belleview, who used to be a Comedian that captures a pretty good following not a lot but a nice decent income, good delivery, and has his flock coming back for more. He calls himself " Father Mark " yeah right!!

Then you have many Mega, Mega , all kinds of religious denominations you name it they are here, big time, some even take Credit Cards. Gold Preferred for obvious reasons.

Now here is the deal....You would think in your wildest, wildest, dreams that with all these places of worship that preach ...well you know what, we would be Living in well " UTOPIA " everybody reaching out, to help everyone smile well sort of like a Mini Heaven. Only in your dreams. I would love to know where on earth there is so many places of worship that even remotely compares with this area. Honestly it is really mind boggling and every place is packed. Big, Big, $$$$$.

Look these people are out for the $$$ they have a captured audience YOU !! Here is this guy in Belleview knew this a very long time ago and went from stand-up comedian to " Hearing The Call " give me a break. There are so many places to give your money $$ to take your pick hey what ever you are comfortable with it's sort of like " Disney " Religion..were here to make you Happy...Just make a " Generous " contribution..10%-15% would be nice but you can always sacrifice a pinch more. God Bless. Credit Cards are accepted but Cash is Preferred.

As for me? I go merrily along saving my $$$ smile and do my best to lead a decent life and most of all listen and giving my time to people who need help, without the Con.

I realize there is a need for places of worship but honestly look around these places are Huge why ??? If they make you feel good Great But in Reality I don't really see it happening. Sadly it's all back to reality less than 5 minutes after services end. But while it was all going on it was making you feel on top of the world. RIGHT. once a week meanwhile Pastor whoever counts the $$$, jumps into his Porsche with his partner gives a High Five and speeds off for a well you name it gourmet whatever.
God Bless You Sir...
I realize that somewhere in the past... you were hurt... very deeply by someone in a place of authority in a Church setting... in order for you to have such disdain for all churches, I imagine that you must have attended many...
And, it is my prayer for you to find forgiveness and possibly complete peace in this matter. Much of what you say is true... There is a lot of fallacy in churches... and that fallacy is because of one reason... HUMANS!!! Humans make every place, event and organization fallible... Sad, but true... Because we are HUMAN...
However, my Daddy was a very humble man, a papermill worker called into ministry at the age of 42 after God miraculously healed him of cancer. He was dying and God stepped in and healed him... even before He saved his soul... How could he not, enter in to tell everyone he met, what God had personally done for him. As a result of that, many, many came to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and began to live for HIM and do the wonderful things that you speak of... Showing kindness, love and help to others. And yes, we did build a big building...using money that they donated to carry on the Ministry, in order to hold those that were coming... many off the streets, others from other churches... Because of one reason... The Presence of God was real when we gathered together to worship our Lord and Savior.
Although there are many whose hearts are not pure before the Lord and are in churches (and every other "good" organization) there are many, who truly have pure hearts and long with everything within them to serve as Jesus served. And yes, that does include giving money... my tithe... Not so the Pastor can buy a new car... but, so that the established church will continue. And, believe it or not... That Pastor is entitled to a salary as well as those others serving in the Church.
No, words could ever begin to tell you about the life of a Pastor, I was a Pastor's daughter, and went on to serve in Ministry as a Music Minister. Unless a person has walked in those shoes, you can never begin to explain the role of a "true Pastor/Shepherd"... then again, if you read the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as follow the works of Jesus, perhaps you can. A Pastor's job is 24 hours a day... there is no private time. There is no planned vacations as many times they are called back to ministry to someone in need who is sick or dying. And they do it all in love and peace knowing this is the journey that God has called them too.
You may choose never to attend an organized church. But, if you should one day, I pray that you find one that is full of the joy of the Lord, full of folks that have a pure heart to follow Christ in everything and everyway. However, even there, you will find those people full of fallacy... because Christians are not perfect... No, Sir, we are just forgiven and we came to a place in our lives where we recognized we were born into a sin nature through Adam and Eve in the garden... And we have need of a Savior. A way back to the Father God's arms... that is through Jesus Christ His Son.
I want to thank you for being a man of integrity, helping those that you can, but, please let me say to you... it is not "works" that will get you into heaven. For Jesus said, the only way to the Father is through Him, Jesus Christ the Son.
So, please do continue your good work, but, I will pray that you will also seek out Jesus the Son of God...
God Bless You Dear Sir...
Connie
(And, if you are ever interested in a church, that is full of loving and compassionate people, I will be happy to recommend one)