View Single Post

Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Default Re: Reputable place to buy tires and get car gone over

I recommend Tri-County Automotive. I've used them several times, mainly for oil changes, brakes, and safety checks. I believe they are trustworthy, and have been good at diagnosing problems that I had no clue about.

Last time I went in for an oil change, on a Friday, the day before I was planning to drive to VA, (ok I know I shouldn't do that at the last minute!!) They discovered that my right front CV axle boot was ripped. The danger with that is that the grease needed to make it functional would fly out when I drive it, and also water can enter it and ruin my ability to steer, so, as he said “we don't know when it will go, but you’ll be stranded when it completely goes”. So it was a no-brainer -- I had to get that fixed. They were booked up, but sent me to one of their associates a few blocks away, who fixed it that afternoon. I was so glad they noticed it, and felt much safer leaving on my trip the next morning.

I think they don't do tires there, but I think they partner with/recommend a nearby tire place, but I'm not sure of the name. It may be Tire Roundup.

Tri-County Automotive
13575 U.S. Hwy 441
Lady Lake, FL, 32159
352-753-5400