View Single Post

Old 04-25-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I haven't seen this movie but I heard the boy being interviewed on the radio. Supposedly, he went to the hospital for an operation and died. He went to heaven and talked to Jesus and God. And Jesus decided to send him back, to be alive on earth, because his father prayed for him. I hope I got that right as I am relying on memory.

Is that the way it works? If someone prays for you, you get sent back? How many children have died from leukemia, never to be seen again? Didn't anyone pray for them?

This story doesn't make sense to me. It makes it seem as though God made a mistake. Oops! We mistakenly brought you up here to heaven, not realizing your father would pray for you. Well, duh! His father is a minister....he's praying all the time.

And the reason it's supposed to be believable is because he said he saw his grandfather and sister who died at birth, which he wasn't supposed to know about. But I knew things as a kid that I wasn't supposed to know either. And that's because adults talked about things in front of me when they thought I was too young to understand. And someone would say, "he looks like he understands what we're saying." And someone else would say, "No, he doesn't understand." That happens all the time.

So, I think the kid was having a dream while under the anesthetic. And his father, being a minister, was all too eager to believe it.

If I understand it correctly, his father wrote the book and the movie is based on the book. So he's making a lot of money on the book and now he's making a lot of money on the movie. Money, money, money, follow the money.
I did not see the boy on TV, but I did read the book, and just today saw the movie. All I can say is that your comments seem to be based on a lot of assumptions. For one, no, the father was not all too eager to believe it... he took a lot of convincing, wrestling with it for a long time. I very strongly advise you to see the movie -- see all of it, and withhold judgement until the end of the movie. I think you will be surprised.