View Single Post

Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Baseball - fantastic game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2fla
Hello Baseball fans,

I'm sure that being on the East Coast not many, if any, stayed up to watch the tiebreaker game between the Rockies and Padres. Well, Major League Baseball will be hard pressed to have a post-season as exciting as this game was. Here were two teams that after 162 game season ended that season with the exact same win-loss record. The tiebreaker game went into the 13th inning tied, of course, at six-six. San Diego scored two runs in the top of the inning and the Rockies came back with three runs to win the game and advance as the wildcard into the National League post-season. It didn't appear that the final Rockie run was legitimate but after having a homerun earlier in the game called a double...well, perhaps, what goes around comes around as they say. Yes, it'll take a lot for the regular playoffs and World Series to be more exciting than this great game.
Az2Fla:

I think the Yankee-Baltimore game where Mariano gave up a triple to set the stage for the Baltimore win in the 10th which gave the Red Sox the Pennet was quite exciting!! Red Sox celebration after Baltimore's win was GRRRReat!!! I partied too but had to stop short when attempting to pour champagine over my wife's head!!! :dontknow:
Viet Nam
CT
TV