Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Baseball - fantastic game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2fla
Yeah Taltarzac it was very hard to tell. I base my opinion on having been in that left-field section of Coors Field on more than one occasion. I've seen more than a few balls hit those chairs (sometimes with occupants) and pinball back onto the field. I think the ball would not have taken such a redirection as it did if it had hit the yellow padding at the top of the wall. But as you stated it was difficult to determine. Even if a replay was permitted as in NFL, no conclusive evidence would have allowed a change in the umpire's call.
May get a thread ticket from the topic police. I lived in Denver too from the Summer of 1983 through 1984 while getting a Masters at DU. They did not have a baseball team in the majors when I was there. Probably would have gone to one if they had. Do not miss the snow all that much from Denver but still miss the Rocky Mountains.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.