View Single Post

Old 05-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
Went to my primary care physician the other day and before I left she gave me some paperwork and scheduled a "Wellness Visit" This is supposed to be a "benefit" of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) The "Wellness Visit" must not be scheduled as a part of another visit but must be a separate visit for this purpose only. The questions on the paperwork were about a variety of things, can you do housework by yourself, can you get to the store without assistance, etc. Since the government is going to pay for the visit under Medicare, someone is going to have to compile all the information. My doctor already knows the answers to the questions on the form.

I am simply NOT going to take part is this wasteful program and I would encourage all of you to do the same.
Sorry, but I don't understand. Wellness visits are covered under most insurance and Medicare, and have been for years. Your issue seems to be that someone is "going to have to compile all the information" Isn't that for your doctor to have a good idea of how you are getting on in life?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the wellness visit is mandatory. Maybe your doctor is just trying to schedule another visit they can bill.

Like I said.....I don't understand.