View Single Post

Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Default Re: Promotion continuing for new homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
I would call it a marketing tool,and a good one, not desperation. Let's face it the housing market is bad. When we were buying last month the promotion was just for the furniture. We were tempted to buy a house in Duval because of the 10% towards furnishings. It was really hard to pass up. We just didn't find "the house" in our price range and so opted for a preowned that we both really loved. I hope people don't get caught up in the "deal" and then find they really do not like the house they bought because turning it around is not an option in this market.

beady
Good for you that you were able to see through what the developer is trying to do here. It is a desperation move on the part of the developer and people should see through this "trickery". If anyone is planning on moving to The Villages, let me tell you that it IS a WONDERFUL place to live in terms of amenities and lifestyle...but the house construction really SUCKS!!! They are the poorest construction we've ever seen and they want TOP DOLLAR for them. Villager Wannabees, do yourselves a favor and buy a pre-owned home...preferably a 2 year old model...and take advantage of what the past homeowner has done to fix up and upgrade and repair their home instead of falling for the 10% worth of free furniture...or golf cart. You can buy GOOD, even EXCELLENT barely used furniture and golf carts for a pittance down here. Don't be caught up in "Village Fever"...buy smart...we did and are soooo glad we did.