View Single Post

Old 10-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Default Re: RANCH VS DESIGNER HOMES and Floor Plans

I have read a lot of developer bashing and feel a need to give my input. The Villages is the "BEST" retirement community in the United States and I wouldn't live anywhere else!
As for the homes and what some say are cheap attributes, I don't agree. You have to remember TV builds homes for all price ranges. Yes some of the homes have the flat ceilings or the plain cabinets, etc. For some people that is all they could afford to purchase and without that option they wouldn't be able to own a home here. The home my husband and I purchased is an Amarillo that had all the upgrades such as the 6 panel colonial doors in all the rooms, the pocket door to the guest area, double sinks in the master bath, oak kitchen cabinets with the crown molding, shutters on all the exterior windows, etc. We have also done upgrades adding granite counters in the kitchen and both bathrooms, we enclosed the lanai and front porch, pavers in the driveway, curbing around the landscape etc. And you know what folks, some people would consider this home not enough for them! I've said it before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter what type home you own because we all live the life of a millionaire when you can call TV home.
Buy what you can afford and please BE HAPPY!