View Single Post

Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Default Re: Things to think about when moving to the Villages (Repost)

Thanks so much for posting all that info! I started yesterday researching TV online, wanting to buy a small home, not mfg type. Do you know anyone who has posted -- maybe you !!-- the pitfalls of buying directly from the developer as opposed to buying used homes? And I'm thinking about other possible buying mistakes commonly made. I don't know quite what to anticipate. I rented at TV for one week, two years ago. Loved it. Now that we're serious about buying -- husband and myself-- I am concerned about making a buying mistake; i.e. "wrong county" when looking at Sumpter, Lake, Marion counties; being too far from or too close to the highway outside TV, proximity to the town squares, surprises when amenity fees go up dramatically, blindsiding from the developer, surcharges of various kinds. Your list on general moving thoughts was outstanding, so I can tell you are good at analyzing things. Any tips for the wannabee TVer? Do you know of websites, posting topics I may have missed right here, or other websites that discuss the modus operandi of the developer? Thanks for that good list = I just read it all the way through.