View Single Post

Old 10-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Founder
Default Re: I have a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
Could get your for trespass? I think this would cover the driveway of Villages' homeowners.

Do not forget about the people in Katie Belle's that were holding two tables for themselves and who were recently convicted for trespass. They did create a fuss about not leaving when asked.

from Florida Statutes:

"810.09 Trespass on property other than structure or conveyance.--
(1)(a) A person who, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters upon or remains in any property other than a structure or conveyance:
1. As to which notice against entering or remaining is given, either by actual communication to the offender or by posting, fencing, or cultivation as described in s. 810.011; or
2. If the property is the unenclosed curtilage of a dwelling and the offender enters or remains with the intent to commit an offense thereon, other than the offense of trespass,
commits the offense of trespass on property other than a structure or conveyance.
(b) As used in this section, the term "unenclosed curtilage" means the unenclosed land or grounds, and any outbuildings, that are directly and intimately adjacent to and connected with the dwelling and necessary, convenient, and habitually used in connection with that dwelling.

It would seem kind of silly to use this Statute for putting a newspaper in a driveway, but that case of trespass at Katie Belles also seemed like a waste of the taxpayers' money to prosecute.
So then, Is it a trespass when the Propery Owners Association throws their newspaper in my driveway, even after I asked them not to?