View Single Post

Old 10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: RANCH VS DESIGNER HOMES and Floor Plans

Hyacinth:

I've been in my custom-built Designer since Feb '05. I had a ball building and decorating in the manner described by SteveFromNY.

When TV decided to eliminate that option of purchasing, I thought they'd made a very bad marketing decision, but probably a good bottom-line one. I was led to believe, though, that they seriously considered what all of us who had built under the program had chosen, and incorporated many of our choices into their "spec" built houses. Such as, a certain percentage having wood floors rather than tile or carpet, a certain percentage having such-and-such-style cabinets (upgrades from "standard"), etc.

Whether they actually did that or not, I really don't know. However, I do now know that it will undoubtedly be well worth your while to really, really and carefully, carefully, study what you think you want, to demand of your agent to see every option incorporating what you want, etc.

Many of my neighbors, all but a couple of whom built just as I did approx. three years ago, have already decided they needed changes, upgrades, whatever. Yes, the costs are on them, but they're making their new and probably last home just as they want it! It's a matter of being prepared to do so, I guess!