View Single Post

Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: RANCH VS DESIGNER HOMES and Floor Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
Hi Steve,

Thank you for the clarity re: upgrades.

What were the extras that came with your house that you are now very happy that you have.

If you are new to looking at the villages it helps if you know there has been a change in policy when buying a new home. The options that were once available are now no longer available.

Have a good day.

Hyacinth
Hyacinth,
There were a LOT of options in my house - pages of them! I think they added about $30K to the base price of the house. The carpet was an upgrade, there is ceramic tile in the halls, the kitchen and baths that match. The cabinets and appliances were upgraded. There were ceiling fans, extra electric outlets, upgraded light fixtures, wider driveway, better front door, 12 ft wide sliders that open past the walls, attic floor and light over the garage, venetian blinds, and pocket doors (my single favorite). The pocket doors allow the 2nd BR, Den and bath to be completely separated from the rest of the house. Great for when folks visit - the MBR is on the opposite side and everyone has lots of privacy. It's the Gardenia model with plenty of room for us. We wanted concrete block and an open kitchen and were considering the Gardenia, Azelea and Grantham (a court yard villa). At the end of the day, the Gardenia won out because of the entry hallway and the hall into the MBR. I didn't like walking into the LR from outside or going from the K-LR-DR into the bedroom directly. All personal choices!
Rest assured there are homes there for sale that will meet your needs!

Steve