View Single Post

Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Fun question. Frank Sinatra on several occasions (I dated his son for a while) Sammy Davis Jr, Joey Bishop. Joe Mantegna (went to school with him and homecoming) Dennis Farina (my girlfriends cousin --he really was a Chicago Detective) Paul Anka. Literally ran into Louis Jordan in a coffee shop and actually sat down and talked to him. Loved to hear him say my name, Linda, with that great French accent. Barry Manilow and Sting (my husband's cousin is their lawyer in NY.) Robert Redford, when he was filming Ordinary People in Chicago, (again literally walked right into him in McDonald's of all places! and he bought me a burger!) I couldn't speak! I worked in advertising, so I cast quite a few names through that, Sally Kellerman, Susan Anton, Joey Heatherton. Shaque O'Neal in Vegas playing craps. He could literally reach across the table. Ben Affleck in Vegas playing Blackjack. Of course my dream is to meet George Clooney, but is hasn't happened! :
I wonder if Chelsea ever got to meet George Clooney or will ever get to meet him????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
I got an e-mail from someone saying he was George Clooney back around 2003-2004 when I was writing a Lifetime Channel PA. Who knows with e-mails though? She claimed to be a Lifetime Channel PA. "George Clooney" said he was dating her. The e-mails looked genuine. To the point and very cautious. He wanted to know about my struggles with getting practical materials for victims of crimes into various types of libraries.
I never did figure out if this was George Clooney that e-mailed me in 2003-2004 or it was the daydreams of the Lifetime Channel PA who said he was dating her. This was while I was posting a lot of stuff on Findlaw's message boards about respect for the needs of survivors of crimes for practical kinds of information accessible through libraries.

I had picked up a particularly clever and obsessed with me troll who made a post to every one of mine-- or almost every one of mine-- while I was on Findlaw's message boards. This man made it almost impossible for me to be taken seriously by anyone. He did this from roughly 2002 through 2006. His reason for this when he bragged about my never being able to figure out who he was, outrageoulsy was that I had not used my law librarianship skills to find just the right case he needed for his pro se legal defense in a white collar criminal matter he had in Chesterfield County, Virginia. All the time I was chasing around Pinellas and Hillsborough County law and university libraries looking for materials to help this guy out, he was stabbing me in the back with extremely nasty personal attacks.

I am so thankful to TOTV for allowing me to post since August 2007 or so about my survivors' right to information activities and experiences I have had since the end of February 1976.