View Single Post

Old 10-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Best county of the three in the villages ?

Get a Villages map and draw a 3 mile circle in all of the areas you want to live. That is a 15-20 minute cart ride. Five miles is a 30 minute cart ride. Look at the number of golf courses and grocery/pharmacy/liquor stores which will be your most frequented places by cart. Then decide. Okay - add recreation centers.

For example, I have 13 executive golf courses within a 10-15 minute ride. 9 are 5-10 minutes, and the 4 others are 15 and I have 4 others 30 minutes away. I have 4 championship courses within a 10-20 minute ride.

North of 466 have the lowest bonds (if you go for a resale they might have paid them off - or you can request that as an option to buy).

I take rides north of 466 and yes - everything is close and we do not have that many rolling hills as I read in another post, but we do have lots of golf courses and entertainment facilities. Also, consider that the maintenance of the open spaces south of 466 is not free. It eventually becomes part of your property taxes. It is included in the properties north of 466 also.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.