View Single Post

Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: I think we should change the name of Morris Circle to.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
Believe you meant Morse Circle. Whatever happened to the re-painting of lanes to conform to new standards? I mean the earlier video that appeared on TOTV was a clear presentation about how roundabouts should be marked and negotiated.

I saved the link because I thought it was good and could set the standard for TV.
Here it is: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/CAE/des.../mpg_index.htm

With all of the hot patch being applied on Morse and The Circle, how about Pot Hole Blvd and Travel At Your Own Risk Circle. :cop:
Perhaps, Chaos Circle?

I drive US 19 at times and am actually more nervous around Morse Circle than on US 19. The reason is that there are cautious people often on 19. Not so much on Morse Circle.

US 19 has a section that not too long ago was the most dangerous road in the US--

"Florida
According to a Dateline NBC study, part of US 19 in Florida is the most dangerous road in the United States. A Florida Highway Patrol test period beginning in 1998 and ending in 2003, as mandated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, showed the stretch of US 19 from Pasco County to Pinellas County to average approximately 52 deaths a year, or 262 deaths in the 5 year duration of the study. 100 of these deaths were pedestrian related making US 19 the #1 worst road to walk on in these two counties.[3]"

They have bumper stickers that read something like "I survived US 19". I have driven by some truly horrendous wrecks on US 19 during the 9 years I lived in Pinellas County (1996-2005).

Maybe, we should get these kind of bumper stickers that say "I survived Morse Circle"?