View Single Post

Old 10-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Default Re: Reputable place to buy tires and get car gone over

I just got done analyzing, visiting locations, shopping on internet, and getting quotes on four new tires for my Honda Element. I reallly put some time into this and was glad I did. What a difference in price on comparable quality tires. I purchased the tires from Sumter Tire and Auto in Wildwood and I would highly recommend this place. It doesn't look much on the the outside but what service I received. It actually is a big operation once you get inside. The owner, Larry Williams, was excellent. He gave me a price on comparable quality tires to my OEM tires on my Honda which was a total price fifty dollars less than the same four tires available from Wal-Mart. and three hundred dollars less than the price I was quoted from the Goodyear dealer next to the Home Depot on hwy 27/441. He got the tires in the next day, I went down to get them mounted that same day and I was out of there in less than one hour. Goodyear not only quoted a similar tire for fifty dollars more per tire put then added $6.50 each for new valve stems, $31.90 each for parts and labor for lifetime wheel balance, $6.00 each for scrap tire disposal, $2.00 each for waste tire tax. Larry Williams at Sumter Tire include all of this in his one single price per tire. I would highly recomment Sumter Tire on 301 in Wildwood.