View Single Post

Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Default Re: Real Estate Prices with excess supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by union
Thanks for the updates, I will be coming down to visit around Christmas and will check in. Does anyone know if lots are developed and not sold if there is a possibility existing owners would have their assessments or fees go up. Who pays for or is responsible for all the loans that the developer has taken out to financing the infrastructure and spec homes? I would not want to be on the hook for more than I thought. Please keep me up on anything you might hear. Thanks, Union
Once a Bond is set for a particular area of new homes, it cannot be raised by anyone. You're guaranteed that in your closing documents. However, be aware that as each new area is developed into Villages...their bond is higher than the last Village built....so, in the long run...I guess we're all paying for the developer's financing charges, eh??? In less than 2 years, the bonds on the newest homes are more than double what we paid for the same house. I can assure you the Morse Family will never lose money on anything they do here. Everything they do or finance will be made up for in CDD Bonds. Amenity Fees are a pittance and may go up $5.00 or so a year, but that money is just a tiny drop of water in a big ocean...if you get my drift.