View Single Post

Old 10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: JKP Real Estate Prices with excess supply

JKP, while I completely understand your explanation on reasons to purchase a resale from the sellers stand point. You need to understand it from the buyers stand point. I will give you a good for instance.
My home in Calif would have gone for $479,000 just 9 months ago. It has plenty of amenities and upgrades. If I wanted to sell it today maybe I could get $420,000.
The problem I see with the resales I had been considering is none of you seem to have accounted for the fact that your home is just not worth what you are asking. Regardless of what you put into it since you bought it, it is now worth 10% to 15% less as are all the resales on the VLS listings sure many of the show as being in escrow but, I assure you not at the listing price as shown. A lot of you make issue of the furniture your including but, everyones taste is different. On a bunch of the resales I was considering it would be an expense to clear out the furniture not to our liking. So while you consider it a benefit,some people find it a detriment.
Bottom line right now resales are over priced in the villages.
larry
Wanabee future TVer