View Single Post

Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: We need honest answers.

This topic has gone on with a lot of good points being brought up. The one point I would like to reflect on is, that the person who chooses to pay the price to reside in TV is a unique person. They didn't come here to just sun their bones, spend the rest of their life indoors watching the "tube" and frequent the Dr till they die. The person I see and meet and socialize with in TV is here to enjoy the rest or their life doing things they didn't have time to do while working to be able to reach this point in their life. One evening spent at the Square watching people dance and smile and laugh relaxing while listening to the music will convince you that the folks in TV are special. Not better than any other retirement resident but they come with an attitude that , by gosh, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my life to the fullest. TV is the great eradicator of all previous attitudes and inhibitions, it reminds me of basic training where after we all got the skinhead haircut and the same uniform, once again we all become equal. The guy you strike up a conversation with at the square might have been a CEO with a megabuck retirement, but at the square were all just "good ole folks" having a good time. I have begun NOT asking what folks did prior to coming to TV. I like to think of the meeting as a beginning of new friendship and their prior stature in life really shouldn't matter
Handie :joke: