View Single Post

Old 10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: buying or renting

My house in Liberty Park is currently under TV Property Management program. We spent a lot of money equipping to the TV PM standards. We had a list of items that went on for pages that had to be there. We did buy only 2 tv's, and they are not great sets, The LR set is a 27", the BR a 20" (I think). The mattresses are top quality though - better than my mattress at home. I bought it in '05, and rented it in '06 for 118 days and in '07 for about the same. I use the house a few weeks a year not during Jan Feb & Mar. Rental income covers much of the expenses. I will rent it for the last time in '08 season and then move in ourselves (if my house up north ever sells).
Other than finding yourself in a spot you do not like, I would imagine all of the Property Management homes are equally outfitted. We have a care taker that looks after the home, and the home is checked regularly. One of the renters stained the sheets, and we had to buy new ones - they even have a minimum thread count for the sheets. You can't equip with yard sale furniture either. They clean between rentals, and the house always looks just like we left it every time we go there.
I wouldn't worry about renting from them at all.