View Single Post

Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Auto Registration and Drivers License

Just went through this. Yes to vision test. You must have a valid Florida driver's license to register your vehicle. Fortunately, your license is issued about 3 minutes after you get your picture taken. You can also register to vote when getting your driver's license.

Basically, the documentation required will be your present State's driver's license and whatever else your state required. For me, that meant either a passport or my social security card.

Car registration is not done at the DMV. Do be careful that you go to the correct office for licensing. Registration is done via the County Tax Collector.

You do not need your present State's registration. You do need your original title. Your automobile insurance must state that it is acceptable for Florida coverage. Your agent can fax it to the Tax Collector when you go there to register.

I didn't bother making any appointments. The whole thing took about 20 minutes going to both offices.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein