Thread: adult children
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: adult children

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahin
Taltarzac: DO YOU HAVE A JOB??, those place where you go to work and get paid......
Nothing in a professional capacity. I do various stuff to pay some of my various bills. For instance, I took care of an elderly uncle in Itasca, Illinois in 1994. He lost an arm and a leg to a German tank shell in Italy around 1943. My job was to get him in and out of the wheelchair and the like, take him on strolls, etc. He went into a nursing home and I came home to Northern CA after interviewing with a primarily African-American law school library in NC--NCCU-- for a reference position I unfortunately did not get.

Have done various other stuff for people on and off for more than 30 years.

Looked for all kinds of jobs in Palm Harbor, Florida where I used to live but it always came up that why are you volunteering in a library when you have the degree to work in one. Ended up helping out my then sister-in-law with her 3 kids for about a year while she managed her own business.

I did volunteer 10 to 14 hours a week at Palm Harbor's 2 public libraries for about three years (2000-2003). Got really discouraged with volunteering because my various professional job searches (for various library jobs around the US ) needed a link at these two libraries to the FL Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory.