View Single Post

Old 10-19-2007, 05:19 AM
Default Re: Reprise? Gas versus Electric Golf Carts; Where to Buy Reliably ...

We have a gas and an electric. I like the quiet smooth riding electric cart and my husband loves his gas that you can hear and feel moving. We have never had a problem of running out of power with our electric cart but still feel better using the gas one to go to the faraway parts of The Villages. We use our carts all the time. I have no way of knowing what the electric costs but I am sure it would be safe to say that charging the cart costs next to nothing. The gas cart we take to the gas station once a month whether we need to or not. I believe we need somewhere around 5 to 7 gallons. Our gas cart has been backfiring so may do better after we get it looked at. We bought both from other Villagers. Paid $2850 for the electric 1998 Club car (in 2002) and after 3 yrs needed to replace the batteries. The 2001 Gas car Yamaha we paid $3500 a couple years ago. It has all kinds of bells and whistles and was barely used. Recently we bought a jeep that is a Club cart. Got it for $2200 !!!!! It is a 2001 and a fun one to drive just because it looks neat. Found it for sale in someones yard and bought it without even driving it because was on the way to a doctors appointment. Runs good and batteries are 4 years old. We also have an electric that stays at my sons house in TV. LOL some people collect spoons I collect golf carts!!!