Thread: WVLG
View Single Post

Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Founder
Default Re: WVLG

It's a shame that WVLG does not allow some personality to develop with their air staff. Speaking from 40+ years in the business in radio markets all over the world, I have learned that the most successful stations are the ones that have air personalities that are immediately recognizable with a combination of A #1 sure fire hit songs. WVLG is designed to be background music with DJs that will never, ever offend anyone. That's why they do not take calls from the audience, for fear that some resident will say something that might adversely affect home sales or the "it's a great day" image that they have worked so hard to develop.

As I have said about every station I have ever worked for, "It's their station and they can do, with it, anything they wish." Whether its a good station or not is another thing. I for one, do not wish to be locked into the past and spoon fed music from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Today, for me, is the "good old days." I live for tomorrow and the excitement and new experience that it will bring. So, I have two choices, if I don't like it, I can find another station, and if I can't find a station I like better, I can turn the radio off. ;D