View Single Post

Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Default DO THIS: $24.99 Direct TV & Internet $19.99

Let me help SAVE everyone who reads this post some BIG $ on cable & Internet.

I’m a teacher and live in RI but have 3 rental homes in The Villages (3br in Springdale, 2br Caroline, and a villa in Hillsborough). A tip here on TOTV led me to save big $. See below. I had Direct TV installed at 2 homes in May and will have the final one done when I visit in July.

1. Call Select Choice TV in Summerfield (third party broker for all providers) at 352-553-4921. I kept their ad from a Villages magazine in April and got Heba when I called (she has been great) but anyone can help. Her e-mail: hrobinson@selectchoicetv.com Get DIRECT TV. Free installation. It took less than 2 hours from time guy arrived until he was done. $24.99/mo for a year for the basic SELECT package (but that’s about 130 channels and free movie channels for 3 months). I added HD (high definition) at my 3br because I’ll be moving there in a year or so. That’s $10/mo. Each additional TV is $6/mo.

2. For INTERNET go with Comcast for $19.99/mo. Call 1-800-COMCAST. I was already a Comcast subscriber for cable and Internet. Their $19.99 rate is good for a year, and they gave me that rate no problem to keep me (normally just for new folks). It appears to be the cheapest of all providers. I have my own modem and Wifi device at all homes (they’re cheap at Wal-Mart; don’t rent).

3. PHONE is up to you. I have rentals and so don’t have phones. But I did buy MagicJack on Heba’s recommendation so I have a phone now at my 3br. The device costs $50 onetime fee and it’s $20/yr for service. Note, that’s PER YEAR, not per month like the local phone companies. But for older folks, it takes being a bit computer savvy to get it all done. Other options are to ask your provider for a special low introductory rate. magicjack.com

4. No, I’m not a salesman, but if you switch and say I referred you, you get $10 off per month for 10 months. I used a lady’s account number from TOTV to get that. You too can have a bill for just $18.00 with taxes like I do ay my villa (one TV, no HD). Use acct # 14118982 to get $10 off when you call Select Choice TV.

E-mail me with any questions. I’m glad I switched. Picture is beautiful (even on non-HD TV at my villa). Enjoy the savings, and I’m happy to share what I’ve learned in the last 3 weeks.
Jszyman806@aol.com - Jeff