View Single Post

Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: We need honest answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946
I'm a Brit ..so really the world is my oyster !! I looked at France, Spain , Italy , Portugal, Cyprus , north africa, south africa, australia ...you name it ...I went there looking for the perfect retirement place !! I found it !!!

It's called The Villages - unfortunately due to crap laws I can't spend more than 6 months in any year there - Uncle Sam don't want me !! I don't wanna work (done that) don't want social (got loadsa money) don't want medical (got insurance) got half a million bucks on ivestment USA side, pay my taxes (property, income etc.) but don't get any benefits like Homestead or property tax protection !! (I pay top dollar for everything - including having to pay to renew my drivers licence every six months AND having to pay a fine for late renewal ...boy does that p...s me off ) I'd be better off calling myself Hosee or something and swimming the Rio Grande - I'd get treated better !!!

USA retirees ! Count yourselves absolutely blessed compared to other folks !!!

Are you single? What if you married an American? I think that will let you stay here as long as you'd like. I've read there are loads of single female vultures that frequent Katie Belle's.

Or if single, marry me and fund an interest-free mortgage for me, and we'll call it even! ;D (If any Feds are reading this post, I'm just kidding. :redface