View Single Post

Old 10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: short term television serviceW

Nonie
i have been using rabbit ears for 1 year and the reception is far from acceptable especialy if you are a TV addict. Best signal is from I believe an ABC station and that is first thing in the moring, later in the evening, or 2-5 am. I even received advice from (2) electrical engineers who you may know who advised against investing in signal boosters and other things like that.

I believe Comcast has a limited service offer for $11 per month and after paying a $40 connection fee you total cost for a 1 year period would be approx $165 per year. That seems like a reasonable fee for limited service including all the major networks but not the speciality channels you may be used to on full cable. I will probably be going with teh limited cable service unless someone on this board tells me I am giving up something (ie a promotional rate when I finally move down full time and also get high speed interent.

Nothing is simple, but after a while you start to look for a reasonable approach to make things somewhat more comfortale during your short period stays at TV.

Good luck!