View Single Post

Old 06-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkendrigan View Post
I happened to be there yesterday with my find and friends. To 0me, it is a beach bar nothing more, nothing less. The fact that it costs $10.00 for a hamburger and fries to me is expensive.

I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic and the gal asked me if I wanted it on the rocks. I told her that I did want ice. When the bill came, I was I SHOCK. The T a d T was $10.00 and then they charged me another $3.00 for "rocks".

It will be a cold day in hell before I will go back there
I think you may have made a mistake somewhere . . .

My husband and I were at Eaton's for dinner this evening. We sat in the bar area having a drink, while waiting for about 45 minutes to be called for a table.

I had a well gin and tonic that had no shortage of ice. I've never heard of a gin and tonic that wasn't served with ice, so something is wrong there. That well drink was $5.00. My husband ordered Chivas and was asked how he wanted it and he replied on the rocks. Because that was a call drink, that was $8.00. Again -- no charge for ice.

On neither drink was there a charge for ice. If you were in fact, charged $3.00 for ice, which sounds pretty incredible, the onus was on you to ask for clarification.

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous as being charged for ice at a bar.