View Single Post

Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT
Default Re: Local Alarm Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsnowbird
try contacting the local police department. When there is an alarm at your residence, the monitoring company calls the police department and a police officer is then sent to your home. It seems to me that they would be a logical place to turn.

Pat
could be considered a conflict of interest for police dept to reccomend someone. i know here, in boca raton, fl., they are not allowed to reccomend where to go for biz. now, that isn't to say that some still won't, lol, but, just a tidbit for thought, but guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, worst they could tell you, was what i just have related.
but, maybe would be possible to see public records of complaints against companies, could get an idea in crosschecking a list, as to what ones seem to be good or bad from that, of course, would then have to consider how big the companies are in relation to the number of complaints against them. maybe small better biz bureau would be a contact for some of that, too. am i rambling here??? oh well, in four months or so, if you see someone at starbucks at LSL that will talk to anyone, that will be me!!! good luck to you