View Single Post

Old 06-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
it takes 2 minutes for any MLS agent to send you a complete list of every home for sale that is listed in the MLS system...probably the same with the Village agents...It's NOT a big deal!!!!!!!! Why does everyone keep trying to stir the pot? The MLS agents are upset because they are losing advertising...they WANT anyone driving through the Villages to call their company so they can get customers. As a consumer, all you have to do is pick up the phone...so simple and one heck of a lot easier than driving around looking at for sale signs. Not only will you know every house listed, you will also know the stats...number of bedrooms, baths, lot size, extras...you can narrow down your search then call the agent that was nice enough to give you the listings and ask him/her to show you properties. The homes that I have sold were almost always sold by agents that informed their clients of the availability of the home. They knew the price range and specifications that their clients were looking for and did their best to make sure the buyer was qualified to purchase. The buyers did not call off of the sign...they were given the information by their agent. Signs DO NOT sell houses...agents do. If there was a problem selling houses in The Villages it would be a completely different story but from my research it is not an issue. So you can't have a sign...get over it!!! One other thing...a Realtor is a person that has joined the National Association of Realtors and therefore can legally use that designation...it has nothing to do with the Multiple Listing Service. From what I have been told, you must have a real estate license to sell for TV and therefore I am in the process of getting mine.
Trish -- it has everything to do with the MLS.
Every agent who is a member of the Natl. Assn. of Realtors
is also a member of a local board of Realtors.
THEY are the ONLY people who can list a property
in the MLS system.