View Single Post

Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Default Re: ANYONE ON EMBARQ HI-SPEED?????

I was on Comcast cable modem for several years and it is fast. However, it is only fast when the cable is working. My cable has been cut by garden projects and lawn work three times. My cable box died twice. Cable speed is dependent on the number of users on-line in your area. I am a very heavy user of the internet and got tired of waiting for Comcast service technicians and also their billing department is so screwed up I can't believe it. One month they charged me $235 for who knows what. I cancelled my service and I am still waiting for the $225 they owe me. Six to eight weeks is their response. They have no clue. Every person you speak to at Comcast has a different story or excuse. I signed up for Embarq DSL and enhanced phone service. I pay the extra $5 for a faster DSL speed. My long distance is with EGC which costs 2.5 cents a minute for out of state calls. They also give you a free 800 number, no service fee, and 2.5 cents a minute for incoming calls on the 800 #. DSL service has been absolutely bullet proof. I had VOIP, but EGC is about the same price and much more convenient. Customer service with Embarq has been first rate. No, I don't miss channel 2, The Villages TV station. I suppose it is better than when all they broadcast was the softball games. We also switched to dish HD. We were on DirecTV for years, but when they changed their policy and extended your contract for two years every time they had to replace or repair your box I left them forever. Dish is a better system in my opinion. We signed up at Sam's to save a few bucks, but will transfer to Embarq to combine all the accounts when the freebies are used up. (HBO,etc) And to top if off Embarq DSL is cheaper than Comcast. It also runs at 3MB ALL the time. :bigthumbsup: