View Single Post

Old 06-20-2014, 05:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
We are approaching the issue from different perspectives. You are assuming that the damage to the gate has been accidental. I, along (I believe) with Gracie and others, am assuming that damage to the gate has been vandalism committed by outsiders who resent the gate.

I did not suggest a gate guard, but rather a concealed law enforcement officer who would be prepared to make a criminal arrest in the case of deliberate vandalism.

After a couple of people get locked up for criminal mischief it is likely that damage to the gates will cease.

What is being protected is private property (the gate) and a unique lifestyle (The Village Lifestyle experience.)

I continue to be amazed by the inappropriate sense of entitlement by outsiders to use infrastructure which was not financed by them and which was not intended for their use.

Excellent post. I wonder who is the most inflamed about all this? Who are the most vocal in opposition to this gate? Who would do something to hurt the villages and the developer? Who is almost obsessed with this issue? I see a DUCK walking. I think it is clear by the posts who thinks what.