View Single Post

Old 10-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage
Default Re: golf cart prices in the villages

After four days of non-stop golf cart shopping we finally bought. :bigthumbsup:
Boyohboy, I'm glad that decision is made!! We learned so much during our quest. (For instance, I was told that the reason a lot of people drive around with those coloured noodles on board is to stuff the space between the windshield and the dash because a lot of windshields don't come down to the dash and let in cold air in the winter season). Our primary consideration was reliability and ease of use as Mr. Wallethead (also known as "He Who Refuses to Retire") won't be around a lot of the time.

We were looking for 4 seater electric, and considered EZGO (new), California Roadster, Yamaha, Star, Columbia Par Car, and Remanufactured Club Carts (looked at Golf Cart Connection and Discount Golf Cart.)

We finally purchased a 2007 "gently used" Columbia Par Car with over two years of warranty remaining. We were told they have a 60 mile range when charged, compared to 40 miles with other companies. Probably not true, but who knows! I especially liked the ease of battery charging and topping up the water in the batteries; also the windshield comes right down to the dash board. It has some "goodies", a sweater shelf, very comfortable upgraded seats -- many carts we considered had uncomfortable vinyl seats. I know, I know, we should have bought for motor and tires, not sweater shelves!! But then we be newbies and have no idea what we're doing.

I'll be picking up the cart Wednesday at the other end of TV and driving it back home. Warn your loved ones to stay off the roads!! ;D