View Single Post

Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Can you think of a reason why people don't post?

Let me put my two cents in here about having a hard time recruiting redhats here....Its hard for new people to realize that there are over 450 different clubs and organizations here and everyone is already wrapped up in some group or two or three......and that doesn't even include golf,tennis, botchie,pickle ball, bowling etc, etc. If you are not a joiner then they have the Michigan club,Ohio club, Penn.club etc, etc. .....College clubs , High school clubs,and it never ends...every kind of card playing you can imagine and it you don't want a club,,,,they play at least one night a week in the different rec. buildings and all you have to do is show up.......This truly an amazing place and Buying a home here is only part of it.......After six months here I have more close friends than forty years in northern Michigan, and I thought I would never leave there..........You ask , " YES BUT WHAT IS ALL THIS I HEAR ABOUT THESE TRAINS?????) Well I can honestly tell you that although I'm not crazy about the trains ..and I live close to them, I am used to them and they don't bother me and if your inside , you don't hear them....
I allways said that if I move to Florida it has to be on the coast , I need sand and water......We'll let tell you that I'm having so much fun here that sand and water is the last thing I think about...............
Played golf today with three good friends and lost two dollars, I played lousy,,,,,,,I giggled and laughed all afternoon at these guys giving me the ribbing, They are not very bright but they are pretty good golfers , However they are not as good as me so I can't wait until tomorrow to get my two dollars back.......unless of course my wife makes me go to dance lessons....

Don't be afraid to make a post here folks ....We all love to read them...

THE GREAT FUMAR