Thread: Dog Walking
View Single Post

Old 11-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Dog Walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman
I agree there are inconsiderate people who walk their dogs and don't clean up behind them or allow them to do their business on lawns. This problem is not restricted the TV and can be found in all areas. It is cause for concern but what concerns me most is the vitriol that is permeating in this discussion and other forum discussion subjects. I was led to believe TV is Florida's friendliest home town. I am beginning to have second thoughts about my retirement destination.
I would not judge TV by what some people post on various threads on TOTV. Message boards often show the worst in people when they post anonymously or semi-anonymously on the Internet. Check out some of the other message boards on the Internet like Findlaw's message boards or those connected with the Internet Movie Database or those of Snopes.com. They often get extremely nasty in their exchanges.

I actually think that by in large the Villages show more concern for their neighbors than in many other places. Of course, there are exceptions, but the Villages is a place with a lot of friendly people.

I am a male and I walk my own dog Sport and always carry a plastic bag. If I forget one, then I use something from my wallet to pick up the poop. Fortunately, I have always had something other than $ to get the dog's poop up with if my pockets were devoid of a plastic bag. Not much can be done from stopping the dog from peeing where he wants to go except making sure he does not pee in the same spots.