View Single Post

Old 11-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Default Re: Do you speak up, or do you ignore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
I am one of those people who has a hard time NOT saying something when I see a resident allowing a dog to run without a leash. I almost always say, "I see you have no leash for your dog, you are probably not aware that there is a leash law here." Almost always, the people tell me to mind my own business. One guy made a truly sophisticated reply....he said......."grow up." Another guy said, "this dog doesn't need a leash."

Turn signals. The other day, a lady was sitting in the middle of the road in a convertible, with the top down, waiting to do something. No way to tell, since she had no turn signal going. I was walking. I said, "don't forget your turn signal." She said, "It's okay, my turn signal isn't on." HUH?

I guess there are those who would consider me to be a trouble maker, but I think that if everybody remains silent, then it gives consent. I know I can't change everything, but I believe that since th villages has no law enforcement, and no plans for it, we all need to do our part.

What is your position?
My position would be to tell this lady to get her head out of her behind but my wife won't let me.