View Single Post

Old 11-03-2007, 03:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Call DirecTV 800 Number For Hookup

My experience was that the front-end of the DirecTV process is the weakest part of the installation process. I was quite specific regarding the equipment I wanted installed and the "quality" of the installation (pull the cables thru the attic and walls, not just drill thru from the outside, etc.) When the installer arrived, none of his paperwork reflected what I thought I had ordered. The frustration was temporary and everything got resolved in a week or so. Since then I couldn't be happier with DirecTV.

As far as ordering the $11 Comcast "basic' to get the $43 broadband price rather than pay their $60 "unbundled" price, I'm not sure the $7 a month savings would be worth the hassle. Comcast would bring the signal as far as the box on the outside of your house, but DirecTV needs all your house wiring all the way back to the box to provide its signal to your TV sets. You can't mix the DirecTV and Comcast signals inside your house unless you install extra wiring and plugs on the walls. The $11 a month Comcast "basic" would have to hang there unconnected.